Live Operations Specialist (flexible, nights/weekends)
Founded in 1997 as a fan site for downloading live music, nugs.net has evolved into the leading source for official live music from some of the largest touring artists in the world. Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Phish, Red Hot Chili Peppers and many other artists distribute recordings of every concert they play through nugs.net. Nugs.net’s platform includes downloads, CDs, webcasts, and subscription streaming services, delivering exclusive live content to millions of fans on a daily basis.
Ultimately, we are a group of passionate fans, determined to keep live music alive and support the artists, fans and venues every step of the way. Live Music Lives Here, and we hope to find someone who lives within music too.
We’re looking for a Live Operations Specialist to support our audio/video workflows. You will work with bands, concert venues, and production teams to distribute live music and operate live video webcasts. Given the nature of live event schedules, you should be comfortable working nights and/ or weekends. The ideal candidate is passionate about music, technology, and customer service. Experience with audio and/or video workflows required. This role is remote, but ideal candidate is located on the west coast due to timezone needs.
- Process and publish audio deliveries onto nugs.net subscription audio service
- Publish live and on-demand video content on Facebook and YouTube
- Manage live webcast operations
- Configure webcast servers/systems on day of the event
- Coordinate and test with on-site production team
- Configure all streaming destinations
- Support copyright enforcement
- Complete additional audio/video content projects as needed
- Experience with live video preferred
- Understanding of audio encoding workflows (FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3, 16bit, 24bit, various sample rates, etc)
- Passionate about live music
- Basic video editing skills (working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Quicktime)
- Self motivated, able to take responsibility for a task and resolve issues that arise
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical skills, ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly
- Flexible schedule, happy to work mostly nights and weekends
This role will start part-time with the opportunity to grow into full-time. To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.